I’m a fan of low cost, easy to make crafts. When I wanted to add a touch of St. Patrick’s Day charm to my home, I decided to make a St. Patrick’s Day tree. It’s super cute and, because the kids can help, a great way to keep them entertained on a cold, rainy (or snowy!) day.
I started by breaking off two branches from a tree in my backyard. Depending on the height you want your tree, try to find branches 18-24 inches tall. I had planned to paint them white, but found the rustic look was pretty. If you prefer, spray paint your branches and allow them to dry.
I purchased 4 pieces of scrapbook paper that reminded me of St. Patrick’s Day. Be sure to get different patterns to mix it up and add character to your tree! Using the Shamrock patterns (see the PDF below), I cut different sized shamrocks to place on my tree. I used four large shamrocks and 8 each of medium sized and small shamrocks.
I used double sided tape and placed one end on the shamrock. I wrapped the tape around the branch several times to hold it in place. You could also use a hole punch, make a small hole in the shamrock and string a ribbon through the shamrock and tie the ribbon onto the branches.
Once I had the shamrocks located on the branches to my satisfaction, I placed the branches in a vase I picked up at the dollar store. To hold the branches in place, I picked up glass beads from the dollar store and placed them inside the vase around the branches.
To complete my creation, I wrapped a scrap piece of green ribbon around the vase and taped it into place. The total cost of my project was around $4.00. I can also change the decor on the branches to match any season. You can get the Shamrock Pattern Pdf here.
If you want more fun St. Patrick’s Day ideas, don’t miss my rainbow cookies, Lucky Leprechaun Hats candy craft, Simple Shamrock pictures or my simple Shamrock Peppermint Foot Scrub.
For more St. Patrick’s Day and Irish ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Green Shamrock Gummy Candy by This Mama Loves
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Irish Skeleton Key Necklace by The Socialite’s Closet
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Skinny Shamrock Shake by Jen Around the World
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Mint Chocolate Fluff by Mom on the Side
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- St. Patrick’s Day Wreath – Dollar Store DIY by MommaDJane
- Lucky Rustic Wall Hanging: A Paint Stick Craft by Food Fun Family
- Green Tea & Peppermint Sea Salt Foot Scrub by Sincerely Mindy
- Matcha Pear Green Smoothie by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Shamrock Tree by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Brownies by Mom Does it All
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Leprechaun Bark by sweet lil you
- Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring by Style on Main
- Send Them Out the Door Ready for a Good Day by Beautiful Touches