Spring is finally in the air. I am beyond ready! I’m tired of damp, cold weather and warm, fuzzy blankets. Instead, I am ready to change up my decor; put away all the blankets and pull out light, breezy items that remind me of spring. I wanted something new for my front door and a wreath seemed like just the ticket. One of my friends had made a cute wreath out of flowers. I wanted to recreate the look, but use something that would last longer. Plus, I wanted it to be low cost. This simple spring wreath that I made looks pretty and is made with….cupcake liners! It would have been fairly quick to make, except I had the help of two cats whenever I tried to work on it. I think they tag teamed each other to see who could get in the way the most.
Next, I folded up cupcake liners so they looked like this:
I used 100 cupcake liners to make my wreath. I purchased them 50 liners for $1 at the Dollar Store. After I folded the liners, I pinned them into position, starting with the outside and working my way toward the center. (Use straight pins like you would use for sewing to be sure the liners stay in place.) I fluffed my liners a little for a fuller look.
The project was thrifty too. I had all the supplies, except for the cupcake liners, but I think the entire wreath could be made for less than $8. Without help, it could have been completed in 30 minutes. It’s hanging on my front door now letting everyone know I welcome spring!
What are you crafting this spring?
For more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy DIY Garden Markers by A Mom’s Take
- Bunny Cupcakes by This Mama Loves
- Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes by Mom Does It All
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk
- Carrot Cake Cookie Cups by About a Mom
- Spring Tulle Wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy DIY Spring Tote Bag for Girls by Philzendia