It’s almost August, the hottest month of the year here in Georgia. If you’re anything like us, you don’t want to heat up the house by making intricate meals in the kitchen. We don’t want to make the air conditioner work any harder than it already is, so a lot of our recipes are easy, quick, and made outside on the grill.
When Canyon Bakehouse reached out and offered to send us some of their gluten free bread products, we were thrilled. Canyon Bakehouse has gluten free bread that even the gluten-eaters in the family enjoy, which is definitely a compliment. When our bagels, hot dog buns, and hamburger buns arrived, we knew exactly what we were going to do with the hot dog buns. Yep, we were going to make that old family favorite: chili cheese dogs.
We made our easy, three ingredient gluten free chili to go on top of the hot dogs, then topped them with cheddar cheese and diced onion. Serve with a side salad, and you’ve got an easy dinner the whole family will love! Not feeling chili cheese dogs?
1. New York Style: Top your hot dog with sauerkraut and brown mustard.
2. Southern Style: Top your hot dog with mayonnaise-based coleslaw, yellow mustard, and diced onion.
3. Classic: Top your hot dog with ketchup, mustard, and dill pickle relish.
4. Chicago Style: Top your hot dog with yellow mustard, diced white onion, sweet pickle relish, sport peppers, diced tomato, celery salt, and a dill pickle spear.
5. All-American: Top hot dog with crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, yellow mustard, and diced onion.
6. Create Your Own: Set out the toppings we’ve included above and let everyone make their hot dog.
The best part of Canyon Bakehouse? I can enjoy family favorites from the grill and actually add buns!
What are your favorite hot dog toppings?