The holidays have passed, but now I have to get ready for Valentine’s Day. The kids seem to get invited to a ton of parties and I get invited to tag along. I hate to come empty handed to gatherings, especially when I am afraid my celiac daughter will not be able to eat anything. I have developed a repertoire of quick dishes I can make in minutes for times when the kids say, “Come on, Mom, we are going to eat with (insert name of friend who decided to have a last minute get together.) This gluten free no bake peppermint fudge is so easy to prepare. I can whip up a batch in around ten minutes. It does take at least one hour of chilling time, but can be made in advance and kept in the freezer to pull out when you need a dessert on the go.
I used peppermint marshmallows in my fudge. I am sure they are a seasonal item so substitute regular marshmallows if you can’t find them or leave them out entirely. The only other ingredients you’ll need are a can of sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate bark and peppermint pieces.
Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave. To do this, place in a microwave safe bowl and melt for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Place the chocolate in the microwave and heat for 45 more seconds. Stir until melted. Once the chocolate is melted, add the can of sweetened condensed milk and stir until the mixture is blended and smooth.
Add the marshmallows, if using and stir until smooth. Pour the fudge into a 9″ by 9″ baking dish. Important TIP: Be sure to spread a piece of aluminum foil or waxed paper over the baking dish before adding the mixture. This will save on clean up time and allow the fudge to be removed easily from the pan.
- 6 ounces white chocolate bark
- 1½ cups peppermint pieces (I used andes creme de menthe)
- 1½ cups marshmallows (I used peppermint marshmallows, but regular can be substituted. Marshmallows can be left out if desired.)
- 1 can (12 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Melt white chocolate in microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and heat for 45 more seconds. Stir until chocolate is smooth. Stir in can of sweetened condensed milk until mixture is combined and smooth. Add peppermint pieces. Stir until blended. Add marshmallows, if desired. Stir until combined. Pour into a foil lined 9" by 9" baking dish. Chill at least one hour. Remove from pan and cut into squares.
Chill in the freezer for at least one hour. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Devour. I mean, share with friends.
Like this recipe? Try some of my other simple gluten free recipes.
Easy 3 Ingredient Gluten Free Rocky Road Fudge
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Gluten Free Honey Muffins
Mocha Caramel Sea Salt Latte Recipe
Basic Gluten Free Cupcakes Recipe
3 ingredient Gluten Free Crockpot Chili