Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Pork.
It’s football season. Around our house this means tailgating with our son whenever we have a chance. I have never attended college tailgating before last year, but, wow! These people are serious about their recipes. Barbecue is a big hit with our tailgating crowd so I created an easy Barbecue Pork Sliders recipe using our “family recipe” sauce and topped with a savory coleslaw. My secret to delicious barbecue pork in 30 minutes or less? I cheat by using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork from Food Lion . I love that Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork comes in a variety of different flavors and cuts (Tenderloins, Loin Filets, and Sirloin), perfect for any occasion and any night of the
week! This recipe will totally impress your friends and make them think you spent hours prepping for the party.
Easy Barbecue Pork Sliders Recipe
For the slaw:
This recipe needs to be made in two parts. I suggest making the coleslaw first so it has a chance to marinate. Once again I cheated by using a bag of premixed coleslaw and added some chopped red pepper and chopped onion. Then, I mixed up the dressing, a tangy concoction of vinegar, sugar, oil, and salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the slaw, mix well, and refrigerate until ready to use. Tip: You can make the coleslaw up to 24 hours in advance and allow the flavors to blend.
For the Pork
You’ll need Smithfield Marinated Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet, (I purchased ours at Food Lion, they have a great selection of flavors and cuts), chopped onions and our secret “family recipe” sauce. It’s really just a bottle of Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, brown sugar and cola. Mix the barbecue sauce, brown sugar and cola until blended. Chop the pork loin filet into pieces. Place the pieces of pork loin filet in a large piece of aluminum foil. Add the onions on top and cover with the barbecue sauce. Wrap the pork loin filet tightly with the foil and grill for twenty minutes.
Place the pork mixture onto one half of a split roll. Top with coleslaw, pickles and more barbecue sauce if desired. Although the sliders are delicious, the pork is good without a bun or served as sandwiches. It’s #RealFlavorRealFast, my favorite kind of recipe!
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet
- 1½ cups hickory and brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cola
- For Coleslaw
- 1 package (14 ounce) coleslaw mix
- ¾ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Other ingredients for Sandwiches:
- Pickles, optional
- Extra barbecue sauce, optional
- Mix barbecue sauce, cola and brown sugar until blended. Chop pork loin into ½ inch pieces. On a large sheet of aluminum foil add the pork loin and onion. Top with barbecue sauce mixture. Wrap tightly in foil. Grill for 20 minutes.
- For coleslaw:
- Mix vinegar, sugar and oil until blended. Stir in salt and pepper. Set aside. Add coleslaw mixture to a large bowl, stir in onion and peppers. Add vinegar mixture and stir until blended. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- To make sandwiches:
- Split rolls in half. Place pork mixture, pickles, and coleslaw on bun. Place other half of bun on top.
Do you tailgate? What are your favorite 30 minute or less recipes? Visit Smithfield for
more recipes and don’t forget to stop by Food Lion to pick up your favorite flavor!