I’m a fan of simple recipes all year round, but especially during the holidays. Although I do make some elaborate recipes, I prefer ones I can throw together in minutes and use easy to find ingredients I have around the house. This easy three ingredient rocky road fudge recipe is a perfect example. It’s gluten free so the entire family can enjoy it, but it tastes delicious. I keep the chocolate and nuts in the freezer so I can make a batch whenever I need a last minute dessert. The total time to make the fudge is around 10 minutes, but plan to allow for 20 minutes of chilling time in the freezer.
Begin by lining a 9″ by 13″ dish with parchment paper, wax paper or foil. I use whichever one I grab out of the cabinet first.
Melt two eight ounce chocolate bars in the microwave. I usually break them into pieces first to speed up the process. My technique is to melt for 45 seconds, stir, and return to the microwave for another 45 seconds. Stir chocolate until it is smooth and completely melted.
Add nuts and stir until nuts are coated. Add the marshmallows to the mixture and stir, making sure all the marshmallows are coated with chocolate.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the lined baking dish. Spread the mixture evenly across the dish. Place into the freezer and chill for around twenty minutes or until firm.
When the mixture is chilled, remove the paper from the baking dish and cut the fudge into squares. Enjoy the compliments and allow people to think you fussed over the recipe. (This is my favorite step!)
- 2 (8 ounce) chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans OR walnuts
- Line a 9" by 13" dish with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave for 45 more seconds and stir until smooth. (If chocolate is not melted, continue microwaving for 30 more seconds.)
- Mix nuts into chocolate mixture and stir until nuts are covered. Add marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are completely covered with chocolate. Pour mixture into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Chill in freezer for 20 minutes or until firm. Cut into squares.
What is your favorite easy holiday recipe? Want more easy gluten free recipes? Try these!
Easy 3 Ingredient No Bake Peppermint Fudge
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Gluten Free Honey Muffins
Mocha Caramel Sea Salt Latte Recipe
Basic Gluten Free Cupcakes Recipe
3 ingredient Gluten Free Crockpot Chili