Rio Gets a Valentine! PetSmart

rio

Rio, our Corgie Mix, came to us as a rescue dog from the local animal shelter.  As we passed by rows of cages, he looked up at us and wagged his tail.  My daughter stopped and exclaimed, “I want this one!”  Bryan was skeptical.  “He looks like he would be a yappy little dog.” Nevertheless, we filled out the paperwork, picked him up and took him home.  It is one decision that I have never regretted.  Rio loves to snuggle, possibly thinking he is a small human, does all sorts of tricks and is not in the least bit yappy, unless he hears the ding of the bell on Wheel of Fortune or the doorbell.  I suspect he thinks he is alerting us to danger.

Rio thinks he should be included in all holiday celebrations and usually receives a treat.  Valentine’s Day is filled with chocolate for the rest of us, but since this is bad for dogs, he receives a toy instead.  This year PetSmart allowed Rio to try out their new Valentine’s Day line,  Luv-A-Pet Care Bears.  Intended for medium and large sized pets, these cute, cuddly bears come in different colors and have a specialized insignia on their bellies that represents their personal duty and personality. Their ultimate weapon is the “Care Bear Stare” (a.k.a. “Belly Magic”), in which the collected Bears stand together and radiate light from their respective tummy symbols.

Okie

When the box arrived, filled with Care Bears that squeak, the ultimate treat for Rio, our cat Okie saw them and couldn’t resist.  I’ve found him snuggled next to a Purple Care Bear, cuddling it and refusing to let it go.  I decided Rio could share the wealth, although Rio would have been happy to keep all the bears for himself.

carebears

Helping to save rescue pets is a cause that is near and dear to my heart.  That’s why I was thrilled to see that PetSmart will donate 10% of the sale of this item to PetSmart Charities® in the US and PetSmart Charities® of Canada to help save homeless pets.  These bears are available in three sizes, regular, mini and ball shaped.  Do you have a pet who needs a treat this Valentine’s Day?

Comments

1. says

OMG these are SO adorable and so it your pouch! I used to be obsessed with care bears when I was younger, so this would be perfect for us! Thanks for sharing!!!

2. says

How cute! I didn’t know they made Care Bear pet toys. My dog Maia would love these. She’s our “stuffed animal” dog. We call them her babies. Until she rips her baby apart for the squeaker. Then she carries that around for days, protecting it from the other dogs. LOL.

3. says

Those are the cutest pet toys! Although my daughter would probably steal it. And then my dog would steal it back. And then it would be shredded. Sometimes having a pitbull is hard on keeping toys from being shredded. /sigh. But these are so cute.

4. Daisy says

Awe, those Care Bears are so adorable. I loved them when I was a little girl and it’s fun to see that they are still around and as cute as ever!

5. says

I simply adore these! I just wish my dogs wouldn’t have something like this ripped to shreds within 3 seconds or I’d be rushing to PetSmart for the entire set!

6. says

This post was so written for my grandma she always goes all out for her pets. I love getting them things to, especially toys that they will use over and over. Pets are family!

7. Helene Cohen Bludman says

Awww these toys are sweet! My dog and dat are both rescues. I am so glad to know that PetSmart will donate part of the proceeds to help homeless pets.

8. says

Awww … carebears! My dog could care less about stuffed animals because she’s quite old now. This is really neat though for pets to have something to play with.

9. says

of course he gets Valentine’s too cute to be left out!!!
    Very happy to read the initiative by Pet msart donating to help our animal friends

Can’t get over Rio’s cuteness

10. Julie Wood says

Your dog is so cute! I love these Petsmart Care Bears products. How nice to have for the dog. I am going to have to get one!!

11. martha says

we are BIG care bears fans in this house. i’m not sure my little one would want to share with our tobey but we’d sure try!!

12. says

I remember watching the care bear movies as a kid. I still love them. These are so cute and I am so glad that some proceeds will go towards helping other animals. Especially since we just adopted our kitten Jojo this past weekend.