Pearly Whites: The #Listerine 21 Day Challenge

“I received a Target gift card to purchase LISTERINE® Brand products from Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the LISTERINE® 21-Day Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.”

oral health challenge

Ready to start the 21 day Listerine Oral Health Challenge!

I have a confession to make. I am a soda fanatic. The kids even warn their friends, “You can eat anything in the house, but if you touch Mom’s soda you might lose a finger.” That means my teeth usually have a constant coating of sticky goo even though I brush my teeth several times a day and floss when I remember. What could go wrong with this? The last time I went to the dentist, he told me, “Pam, you have four small cavities.” Oh. That’s what could go wrong. When I was invited to participate in the 21 day Oral Health Challenge from Listerine, I was eager to sign up because having someone drill in my mouth is one of my least favorite activities.  I headed out to Target to pick up the items needed  to begin  my challenge:

• LISTERINE® Antiseptic
  • LISTERINE® WHITENING® Original Gel Fluoride Anticavity Toothpaste
  • REACH® Floss
Listerine Smart Rinse

How many boys can resist rinsing with the Avengers?

Did you know brushing misses 75% of your mouth? I didn’t either.  During the 21 Day Challenge, which should be long enough to encourage me to get into better oral health habits, I’ll be spending an extra minute (or two!) a day swishing with Listerine Antiseptic.  I’m also forcing  involving the rest of the family in the challenge too.   I know I can’t be the only parent who faces a battle of reminding the kids, “Did you remember to brush your teeth?”  I hear responses like, “I forgot,” or “I will do it in just a minute.”

Listerine Antiseptic

Swishing for one minute a day to keep cavities at bay!

Want to know how you can get involved to improve your oral health and help others in need? For every person who posts a “Swish Selfie” to LISTERINE® Brand’s Facebook page, LISTERINE® Brand will make a $5.00 contribution to Oral Health America’s Smiles Across America® program, up to $85,000, toward their goal of connecting 210,000 children with needed oral health services in 2014.   It’s a total win-win! Better health for you and children in need.  I’ll be posting my Swish Selfie so be sure to check out the best photos of the week to see if I make it.

Reach Floss

I’ll be adding flossing to my daily routine.

Will you take the 21 day Oral Health Challenge?

1. says

This is a wonderful idea to get the non-flossers and non-mouthrinse users on board to healthier teeth and gums! Oral health is important to overall health – glad to see you’re helping to raise awareness!

2. says

Unfortunately my genetics did a job on my teeth which I no longer have even though I had really good dentists all my life! Anything you can do to preserve your teeth do–Dental care is out of the financial reach of so many in this country, I’m glad to hear Listerine may be helping some of them out.

3. says

I like to rinse and am proud of myself for finally getting into the habit of daily flossing. I had a couple cavities a year ago and never want to go through that again!

4. says

I had no idea that teeth brushing misses 75% of your mouth. I had a root canal a couple of years ago and now I am fanatical about oral hygiene. My husband is a huge soda drinker so I will have to pass along the tips to him too.

5. brett says

wait! they have avengers rinse now? sweet. my son hates our rinses because they aren’t “cool” or are girlie (2 sisters). guess i’ll grab some at target next weeke

6. Shauna says

I just recently started my kids on a Listerine regiment as two of the three had cavities. Since we started, we have had no new cavities… wooo hoo

7. says

My Family Has Been Using All Of These Products For Years I Was Told By Dentists A long Time Ago That Listerine Is The Only Thing They Will Use & Recommend It Definitely Works!!

8. says

We go through so much mouth cleaning supplies in this house Listerine is definitely our choice for mouth wash. I love that they make a version for kids, too. There’s no way he’d use our Listerine, but he loves ones made especially for children.

9. says

I’m taking the 21-Day Challenge too. Our problem is remembering to swish and also getting my son to floss better. I picked up the Avengers SmartRinse too, my son will definitely be more into using it if it has a favorite character on it.

10. says

I’ve been using Listerine for close to a month and it does make my mouth feel a lot cleaner. I just had to get over the initial tingly/burning when I first used it, and then I really liked it!

11. Beth says

Isn’t Listerine kind of hard on your teeth because of the high alcohol content? I was actually reading that many dentists no longer recommend it because it can damage your enamel. Do you know if this is true? (Not trying to be a problem commenter – I’ve just seen a lot of people using Listerine lately and am wondering about the debate! Guess it’s time to do more research :))

We are big into oral health at my house, as well.

12. says

I have had Listerine in my medicine cabinet for many, many years! I remember it when there was only one flavor and it was not so good. I knew the product was great though so we kept using it!

13. says

My boys are addictive to the smart rinse! WE love all their products they are the best. I have to agree with Jennifer and her comment, ” It doesn’t feel complete without the listerine!” so true on so many levels.

14. says

We are a family of Listerine users. It is great they are holding this contest and contributing to a great cause. Dental health and preventive care is so important.

15. Maria says

I am addicted to my dental floss. This is definitely one of my favorites and bring it to work. I have had a lot of dental work done so I definitely don’t want to ruin the hard work I have went through to give me a pretty smile.

16. Amanda says

Yep, as much as I have tried, I am still a Coke fan. I don’t enjoy the sensation of swishing but do love how it feels afterwards.