I’m Owning the Mantel this Season. #MC

by Pam on December 4, 2013

horse

My niece’s horse decked out in his Christmas finery would make a cute card.

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Cardstore. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

In my “B.C.” (before children) years of marriage, I was the super shopper. I had all my Christmas cards addressed and ready to send by Thanksgiving weekend, my presents purchased and wrapped and my home decorated.  Fast forward to now, when I spend the entire season thinking I might be getting ahead until a family member drops another bombshell on me, “By the way, Mom, I need a salty snack for school tomorrow.”  ”Could we make a batch of those cookies that I like?” “We need sausage balls for a party.”  It’s a wonder I get anything done! Christmas Cards have fallen to the end of the list because I do the cards for my father first, then work in mine when I have time.

oki

Or maybe a cute picture of our cat, Okie, enjoying the tree?

guardllamas

Or perhaps a picture of my daughter’s fiance talking to a llama while we were at the Christmas tree farm?

This year, Cardstore.com has simplified my life.  Even though I don’t have time to sit down and design a card, write messages and address them,  CardStore has found a way to help me own the mantel this holiday season. Cardstore removes the hassle from holiday cards by printing, addressing and sending them out for me while letting me include my own personalized message.  No more last minute hassles of trying to find where I put the stamps, trying to locate my misplaced address lists or forgetting to put them in the mailbox.  Having one less hassle to worry about during the busy Christmas season gives me more time to spend with the kids and make those elusive sausage balls! Maybe this year I will be able to make a cheese ball for me too!

How do you simplify your holidays? Want to learn more about making your own personalized cards? Visit Cardstore.com.

Pam is a former teacher turned work from home mom. When she's not caring for her kids or cats, she can be found whipping up tasty recipes, trying her hand at the newest techie gadgets or reading. She loves to travel whenever she has a chance and spends way too much time on the computer sharing her experiences.

{ 44 comments… read them below or add one }

Robin (Masshole Mommy) December 4, 2013 at 8:07 am

I ordered my Christmas cards from Cardstore.com this year, too, and I could not have been happier with them.

Michele December 4, 2013 at 8:59 am

I stopped sending out Chanukah and Christmas cards years ago now–I’m bad-I know. But I do try to email them all something at this time of year—

Ellen Christian December 4, 2013 at 10:00 am

We are trying to give more handmade gifts this year or gifts purchased locally.

Kelsey Apley December 4, 2013 at 10:30 am

Hehe love the Llama picture, something I would do!! I need to get our cards ordered!!

DarleneMAM December 4, 2013 at 11:04 am

Wow! you are the second person I’ve read who has the whole cardstore.com thing going on! Good for you!!

I have to admit that I stopped sending cards years ago.

Nicole B December 4, 2013 at 11:34 am

I love the horse! OH and I am so behind – I need to start thinking about Christmas cards asap!

Jenn @TheRebelChick December 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I really need to head over to Cardstore, I am so behind on my holiday cards this year! I have usually sent them out by now but I haven’t even bought any yet!

coolchillmom December 4, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I need this type of simplification!!
For now I am relying on on line shopping which has made a difference

Jennifer December 4, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I have been hearing a lot of really good things about Cardstore! I have to check out their selection tonight after work, I need to buy my cards SOON if I am going to get them out in time!

Angela December 4, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I am so behind on holiday cards this year! I love that picture of your cat. I have 2 dogs that have a way of sneaking into almost all my pictures.

Grace Hodgin December 4, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I think any of the photos you have would make a great card but I’m voting for Okie to be the Christmas Card star this year. Thanks for all the great information.

Terry December 4, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Your cat is like my Daughters, Cat Chloe. You can’t bring anything new into the house or she thinks she has to check it out. So cute.

Tara December 4, 2013 at 3:00 pm

We’ve become really bad about doing cards every year. It’s so time consuming. Okie gets my vote! :)

Rosey December 4, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I used to be so good with cards, but in the last few years I’ve gotten slower and slower with them.

Carlee C December 4, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I am soooo behind on getting my cards ready (just like every year). You are giving me some motivation and ideas to get them ordered.

mommy2jam December 4, 2013 at 6:02 pm

What a great idea for the busy person and it sure seems that way this time of year. Thanks for the information

Melanie a/k/a CrazyMom December 4, 2013 at 7:12 pm

LOVE the Lama picture…. I love them.. did they spit at you?? And thanks for sharing a great time saver this holiday season, sooo gonna have to check it out.

Melanie December 4, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I don’t think I’m doing cards this year, haha I like the talking to the llama picture :)

Tammilee Tillison December 4, 2013 at 7:45 pm

oh my goodness holiday cards! I need to get cards ordered this week. Thank you for the reminder!

Amanda Love ~ Growing Up Madison December 4, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I’m done with sending out cards. I just do ecards now as well. Will have to check out cardstore.com and make it simple.

Nicole A. December 4, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Love cardstore! I’ve used them in the past for when my friend got her own place and when another friend lost her mom. It makes it easy for times when I cant be there because I live across the country.

Jennifer December 4, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Love Cardstore, but not sure it’s happening this year! I feel like I am so behind already. I love that llama pic!!

Pam December 4, 2013 at 9:12 pm

I love the horse all decked out for the holidays. That would make a lovely Christmas card. I was just sitting here thinking about getting my cards done. Just thinking, not doing.

Dawn Lopez December 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I need to work on simplifying too! When did it become December? Who has stolen the time! I love the idea of scaling back a bit for the holidays! I’ll have to check out Card Store to see what cards they have, sounds like a great idea!

martha December 4, 2013 at 9:58 pm

i love that horse!! he looks so festive and dapper

Danielle @ We Have It All December 6, 2013 at 10:44 am

Awww I love the horsey too! (I miss my horses!) He looks so cute!

Tough Cookie Mommy December 4, 2013 at 11:52 pm

This is a great service. I’m terrible about sending greeting cards during the holidays so this would definitely help to keep me organized and on schedule.

Lolo December 5, 2013 at 12:24 am

I love that they address and send them. That is why I am so bad at getting my cards out because I hate doing that part!

Amanda December 5, 2013 at 12:50 am

I have seen so many happy people ordering from Cardstore this year. I will have to check them out.

Annie Mai December 5, 2013 at 1:10 am

Awesome! I love TinyPrints’ cards as well, gotta love easy xmas cards ;)

teresa mccluskey December 5, 2013 at 1:17 am

love this! I would so be like your daughters boyfriend i talk to all the animals! My husband thinks I am crazy sometimes!

Le-an Lai Angeles Lacaba December 5, 2013 at 3:22 am

It’s great that you found a way to simplify things. I simplify things by searching about them on the web

katherine December 5, 2013 at 3:56 am

I haven’t even started mine yet! Yikes!

Jennifer Williams December 5, 2013 at 6:27 am

I love the photos, my cats open gifts so we can not put them out until the morning of (at which the cats get put in a locked room until the kids get up). We ordered our cards from card store, they did a great job with our stuff last year so we used them again.

Corinne December 5, 2013 at 7:07 am

I love that CardStore takes care of the REAL hassle of sending out holiday cards–the sending out! I literally spend hours each year addressing the cards and running back and forth to the post office (usually for stamps because I didn’t buy enough or misplaced them after I bought them).

Sandra VanHoey December 5, 2013 at 7:38 am

I appreciate all the info for this.My sister was just talking yesterday about getting cards to mail. This would be a great idea for her to get the pics of her grandchildren and mail them out

Ashley Gill December 5, 2013 at 11:12 am

Definitely go with the llama picture! ;) I love Cardstore! They’re so helpful!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell December 5, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I think it’s positively the best service that they’ll do the mailing for you. What an incredible time saver. It’s enough to actually get me to send cards!

Janel December 5, 2013 at 6:16 pm

You know what’s so sad.. last year I had beautiful Christmas cards, even half of the envelopes addressed and stamped, and none of them made it out as I was waiting on more addresses. :( I’m hoping I do better this year!

Mel Cole December 5, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I was thinking of a Christmas letter this year too but it looks like it’s going to be another personalized cards from a store this year. Oh well, thank God they can make life easy for busy Moms.

patricia December 5, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I am terrible about sending out cards. I am a awful mailer to begin with and adding cards to the mix is worse.

Angela S December 5, 2013 at 7:57 pm

This sounds like a big help in getting cards out for the holidays.

Aisha Kristine Chong December 6, 2013 at 12:04 am

I used to have Christmas cards – I guess technologies these days has changed things on my end.

Anne | The Chef's Wife December 10, 2013 at 12:44 pm

“BC” Years of Marriage … LOVE that. lol So amazing at times how soooo much changes after kids, and especially after more than ONE. Simplifying is really a necessity to stay sane as a mom. This sounds like such a great way to help achieve that!