I’m Owning the Mantel this Season. #MC

My niece’s horse decked out in his Christmas finery would make a cute card.

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Cardstore. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

In my “B.C.” (before children) years of marriage, I was the super shopper. I had all my Christmas cards addressed and ready to send by Thanksgiving weekend, my presents purchased and wrapped and my home decorated.  Fast forward to now, when I spend the entire season thinking I might be getting ahead until a family member drops another bombshell on me, “By the way, Mom, I need a salty snack for school tomorrow.”  “Could we make a batch of those cookies that I like?” “We need sausage balls for a party.”  It’s a wonder I get anything done! Christmas Cards have fallen to the end of the list because I do the cards for my father first, then work in mine when I have time.

Or maybe a cute picture of our cat, Okie, enjoying the tree?

Or perhaps a picture of my daughter’s fiance talking to a llama while we were at the Christmas tree farm?

This year, Cardstore.com has simplified my life.  Even though I don’t have time to sit down and design a card, write messages and address them,  CardStore has found a way to help me own the mantel this holiday season. Cardstore removes the hassle from holiday cards by printing, addressing and sending them out for me while letting me include my own personalized message.  No more last minute hassles of trying to find where I put the stamps, trying to locate my misplaced address lists or forgetting to put them in the mailbox.  Having one less hassle to worry about during the busy Christmas season gives me more time to spend with the kids and make those elusive sausage balls! Maybe this year I will be able to make a cheese ball for me too!

How do you simplify your holidays? Want to learn more about making your own personalized cards? Visit Cardstore.com.

1. says

I stopped sending out Chanukah and Christmas cards years ago now–I’m bad-I know. But I do try to email them all something at this time of year—

2. says

I have been hearing a lot of really good things about Cardstore! I have to check out their selection tonight after work, I need to buy my cards SOON if I am going to get them out in time!

3. says

I am so behind on holiday cards this year! I love that picture of your cat. I have 2 dogs that have a way of sneaking into almost all my pictures.

4. Nicole A. says

Love cardstore! I’ve used them in the past for when my friend got her own place and when another friend lost her mom. It makes it easy for times when I cant be there because I live across the country.

5. says

I love the horse all decked out for the holidays. That would make a lovely Christmas card. I was just sitting here thinking about getting my cards done. Just thinking, not doing.

6. says

I need to work on simplifying too! When did it become December? Who has stolen the time! I love the idea of scaling back a bit for the holidays! I’ll have to check out Card Store to see what cards they have, sounds like a great idea!

7. teresa mccluskey says

love this! I would so be like your daughters boyfriend i talk to all the animals! My husband thinks I am crazy sometimes!

8. says

I love the photos, my cats open gifts so we can not put them out until the morning of (at which the cats get put in a locked room until the kids get up). We ordered our cards from card store, they did a great job with our stuff last year so we used them again.

9. says

I love that CardStore takes care of the REAL hassle of sending out holiday cards–the sending out! I literally spend hours each year addressing the cards and running back and forth to the post office (usually for stamps because I didn’t buy enough or misplaced them after I bought them).

10. Sandra VanHoey says

I appreciate all the info for this.My sister was just talking yesterday about getting cards to mail. This would be a great idea for her to get the pics of her grandchildren and mail them out

11. says

You know what’s so sad.. last year I had beautiful Christmas cards, even half of the envelopes addressed and stamped, and none of them made it out as I was waiting on more addresses. :( I’m hoping I do better this year!

12. says

I was thinking of a Christmas letter this year too but it looks like it’s going to be another personalized cards from a store this year. Oh well, thank God they can make life easy for busy Moms.

13. patricia says

I am terrible about sending out cards. I am a awful mailer to begin with and adding cards to the mix is worse.

14. says

“BC” Years of Marriage … LOVE that. lol So amazing at times how soooo much changes after kids, and especially after more than ONE. Simplifying is really a necessity to stay sane as a mom. This sounds like such a great way to help achieve that!