Simple Edible Halloween Peeps Centerpiece #craft

Halloween Peeps Centerpiece

Continuing with my series of low cost, simple crafts, I wanted to make a centerpiece for our table.  This centerpiece I made with Peeps is thrifty, because most items are either ones that are already lying around the house or can be purchased at the dollar store.  I started by finding a medium sized vase. A mason jar would work for this as well.  I added a 21 ounce bag of Harvest Mix candy to the vase and picked up one package each of ghost and pumpkin peeps.  Black Cat peeps are available also but I didn’t find them until I had already made the craft.  I think they would be super cute for contrast.

I picked up a set of sixteen wooden dowels for ninety seven cents and some ribbon at the dollar store.  I threaded the ghosts and pumpkins onto five of the wooden dowels and added them to the vase. I finished by tying a ribbon around the vase for contrast.  Voila! Cute edible centerpiece in less than 10 minutes. Here are some tips to make the project easier.

• Fill the vase 1/4 full of Harvest Mix candy before beginning and then add the dowels where you want them.
  • Fill in with more candy as you add the dowels.
  • Keep a towel handy to wipe the dowels as you thread the peeps into place to keep sticky marshmallow goo from getting everywhere. Change the pattern of the peeps on each dowel for contrast.
  • Push the Peeps onto the dowels gently or they will break. However, Peeps are gluten free so I can feed the broken ones to my daughter with celiac disease.

Need help finding the supplies? I purchased the dowels at Walmart and the ribbon and peeps at the dollar store. If you don’t have a spare vase lying around the house, you can find those at the dollar store as well.

What is your favorite, simple Halloween centerpiece?

1. says

In our house, those Peeps pops would disappear before I could decorate with them LOL Too cute! Love the idea … and thinking of using it as an edible Halloween centerpiece for parties.

2. sheila ressel says

What a cute idea for a centerpiece. I love the fact that it’s edible so I wouldn’t have to worry about finding a place to store it for next season since I’m so limited on space. And it’s so economical. I just love it!

3. says

First, I had no idea Peeps were gluten-free and I’m loving that! Second, these are so easy and so cute! How long would you think is too long to leave them out and still let the kids eat them?

4. says

Oh my goodness that is too cute. I’ve never thought of doing this before. I could totally do this not just for Halloween but Easter as well when we have all those peeps available. Thank you for the idea. :)

5. says

This is really cute and relatively inexpensive. I have quite a few Fall and Halloween decororations that I put out each year and I try to change them up and replace a few from year to year. I think what you have done is adorable.

6. says

I love this! It’s a cheap way to create decorations for Halloween which I’m looking for ideas to keep the cost as low as possible. As a centerpiece I’d just have a pumpkin but this livens it up.

7. says

This halloween peeps centerpiece is absolutely adorable. I think I will try make this Peep Centerpiece, but I’m going to have to take a picture right away, because this Centerpiece won’t last 10 minutes in my home.

8. shaunie says

Love the centerpiece… very hard to find simple but pleasant decorations. will be using this (or similar for our decorations)