I usually plan and host several holiday dinners and potlucks during November and December.  Back in my “BC” life (before children), it was no problem to plan a party for thirty, shop, clean, cook and prepare.  I don’t know if it is because I am older or lazier, but now I want easy decor I can pull together in less than half an hour.  Really, I’m good with fifteen or twenty minute decor; the shorter, the better.  I’m also thrifty and don’t want to fork out a lot of money for items I only use a few times a year.  Plus, after the unfortunate accident where someone (Bryan) broke the antlers off of my favorite Rudolph decoration and beheaded Mrs. Santa, I wanted to save on Christmas decor whenever I could.  I’ve downloaded the Shopular App to my phone and when  it alerted me to a one day 50% off dinnerware shop at World Market, I decided to have some retail therapy.
Easy Christmas Tablescape

[click to continue…]

{ 3 comments }

I spend a lot of my time in the kitchen. Since we’ve had loads of medical issues in our family lately, Bryan has also pitched in to help when he has a chance. The problem? His solution to meals is eggs; fried eggs, scrambled eggs or boiled eggs pretty much covers his cooking repertoire. Although, in all fairness, he runs a mean grill.  Not only do my kids no longer like eggs in any shape or form, they’ve begun to complain. “Is there any cookware in this kitchen that doesn’t have eggs on them? How does he get eggs everywhere? Can we ban eggs?”  Needless to say, not only did I need to come up with a collection of easier recipes, I needed better cookware! I accomplished both goals with this delicious Gluten Free Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe and my new Simply Calphalon 10 piece nonstick cookware.
loaded baked potato soup

 

[click to continue…]

{ 9 comments }

“Do the best you can 80% of the time and don’t worry about the other 20%,” our speaker at the Mom’s Meet WOW Summit in sunny Orlando, advised. This piece of advice resounded with me so much, I have decided to adopt it as my motto.  We’ve had our share of health problems around our house lately so, when invited to attend this summit, I jumped at the chance.  I am always up for learning about new, healthier food products and tips on how to implement a better diet, especially with my chaotic schedule.

Moms Meet Wow Summit 2014

Got to meet my friend Carlee of Fun and Frugal Mom! (She snapped this photo of us)


[click to continue…]

{ 12 comments }

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our area. The stores have rolled out the holiday decor and baking supplies and it’s been a frigid November. There’s nothing like cold weather to make me think of comfort foods and seasonal decorating. What could possibly be a downside to the season? I’ll tell you! Every year I find myself rushing out at the last minute to pick up some item I have forgotten.  This is my busiest time of the year and I feel constantly pressured by time constraints. Sometimes I feel like I am spending a premium for items I would have gotten on sale any other time of the year when I have more time to shop.  That’s why I have teamed up with Shopular to give you easy ideas, crafts and recipes to make it through the holidays and save money.  What could be better?
simple christmas centerpiece

 

[click to continue…]

{ 40 comments }

I have a secret obsession that only my family knows about, but now I am sharing with the world. I love, love, love high tech television. Whenever we drop by Best Buy, which is often considering how much my son loves his video games, I wander over to the televisions and share with Bryan “the next television I want for our home.” He has listened patiently as I explain how I want to turn my office into an all purpose room with the computer, stereo system and an awesome TV. He wasn’t too surprised when I spotted the LG 55EC9300 SKU# 7846019 – OLED TV and declared, “This is my next television!”
Best Buy

[click to continue…]

{ 43 comments }

Celebrate the Season with Hickory Farms & Giveaway

November 19, 2014

This post is part of a campaign with MomTrends, but our love of Hickory Farms is all our own. “Are you sure Santa likes clean houses?” my daughter, then four, asked. “Absolutely positive,” I replied, as we set about our annual Christmas cleaning.  Having holiday traditions is important. My kids, who have always liked structure, [...]

Read the full article →

Corn Dogs for Celiacs? Yes! Foster Farms Gluten Free

November 18, 2014

Long before I was diagnosed with celiac, I was addicted to corn dogs. Whether they were full-size, mini, or the kind that’s actually sausage wrapped in pancake batter, I would ask my mom to make corn dogs for me at least once or twice a week. I still have fond memories of my mom, my [...]

Read the full article →